Climatic conditions of Russia require the implementation of high-standard winter maintenance. This activity is usually carried out from November 1 to March 31. However, this period can be adjusted depending on weather conditions.
UTS LLC closely cooperates with the meteorological service and on the basis of its forecasts arranges highway winter maintenance. We inform road users on winter operations (preventive treatment or snow removal) displaying dedicated information on variable message signs.
The set of winter maintenance services includes:
- 24/7 service for snow removal and deicing operations;
- preparation of anti-icing materials;
- installation, replacement, clearing and recovery of temporary winter facilities (barriers, fences, etc.), formation of snow banks and ditches to capture snow on the roadside;
- equipment winter maintenance;
- clearing of roads and barriers from snowdrifts;
- snow loading, removal and storage.
Depending on the change of weather conditions, the following types of work can also be carried out:
- preventive treatment with anti-icing materials,
- snow removal,
- recovery of the highway normal condition.